Happy B'Day Black Sexies - Officially Hens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ruth, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    My first batch of chicks, my black sex links, are officially hens - it is their first birthday. Everyone celebrated by having watermellon.

[​IMG]

Here they are one year ago.

[​IMG]

There was a scare the night before. One of them stayed out all night celebrating and didn't come home. Like most good mamas I cried myself to sleep only to wake up and find my wild child safe and sound. Don't know where she was because I looked high and low all night with flashlights and couldn't find her.

I had told myself I was prepared that if something happened to them while free ranging that I could handle it only to find that I was really upset. These "black sexies" are so sweet - always running up to us and squatting so we can pet them and pick them up. Only ones that do that. Though I never named them I used to call them Eenie, Meenie, Minee, Mo because I could't tell them apart.

My husband woke me the next morning with a cup of coffee to tell me that she was waiting outside hen house like nothing had ever happened. The little shi_ . And I stayed up worried and crying over her and she's out on a drunken bash. If I knew which one it was I would have attached of picture of me kicking her butt.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    *giggle* [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Love those pictures.

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] too funny,lol.

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Ooh, that's the bad thing about lookalike girls - can't name 'em and can't single 'em out for hot footed punishment! And they know it!

Glad your girl is back. I hope you didn't give her an ice pack for her hangover!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by