Happy Birthday America!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hcppam, Jul 4, 2011.

1. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

We are so blessed to live here, don't ever take that for granted. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] Happy 4th

3. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    We are certainly blessed to live in this country tho many who don't live here, and some who do live here, would dispute that fact...being a military family since the Revolution and having lived out of the US for a period of time, I have a great appreciation for our country...I see a lot of things being taken for granted and I find it very disturbing...I fear for the loss of America's soul...there has never in history ever been a place like America...read some serious history...oppression has been mostly the norm in human history...
    We are a young species on this planet and we have come a long way from the caves but we still have a long way to go...hopefully we will not self destruct as a species...with nukes and chemicals and biological tampering, humanity has the means to commit genocide and suicide...it only takes one or two lunatics...
    Sorry for the glum...I don't actually worry...I just observe and comment...life is good...it can be very good...I have two new baby quackers in a basket on my kitchen counter...there are three baby kittens with momma in a crate in the "dog room." Rose the muscovy is sitting on eggs...the Toulouse geese are getting huge and I love their loudness...and the 8 younger Touloouse goslings are chatty, curious and respond to my voice when I call them...they talk back...I love it...
    I read several good books this week...anyone who has not read "Water For Elephants" is missing a heck of a good yarn...the movie was wonderful...very visual...and I love Robert anyway...a day without Robert is a lost day...I have successfully collected most of his movies...some of the early one are a total hoot...Alfred Hitchcock could have written the script for "The Haunted Airman." It was creepy good and Robert was terrific...
    I am not digressing from my original point...this is a great country to live in...I have been free to enjoy all the things I have mentioned...and I am well fed...have a tv, a computer, a car...so many things that most of the world's population don't have...many are hungry, running for their lives or being shot in the streets like Syria...we are truly blessed and I hope those who visit here are among those who realize that and appreciate it...
    Happy Fourth! Laus Deo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by