Happy Birthday Pip! (video)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by blefky, Jan 21, 2011.

1. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Went from pip to hatch in about 10 minutes - blew right through the zip! I blinked and almost missed it!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    So cute what day are you on?

3. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Today is day 20. Five more to go, no external pips yet, but at least one more has pipped internally cuz I can hear it talking. The miracle just doesn't get old. [​IMG]
    BTW, I see you're from Northern WI. My sister lives in Neenah and for years we would get together with our other sisters and their kids and spend a week in the most excellent, peaceful, beautiful spots up in the "north woods".

4. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Good luck Whats a internal pip because I heard my eggs chirping its day 21. If its a internal pip is it still possible to shrink wrap them Because I picked up an egg under my broody and it was chirping [​IMG] or does it have to be external to stink wrap them, please tell me "yes it has to be external..."

Yes I love it hear [​IMG] Im near Superior [​IMG]

5. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Inside the egg the chick is enclosed in a sac, or membrane, there is an air space at one end, usually the large end, and the chick should normally pip into that air space and then continue on to pip and zip the shell. If you hear them chirping, they've pipped through the membrane - that's called an internal pip. When they pip the shell it's an external pip. I'm sure you didn't harm the chick by picking up the egg for a second if it hasn't pipped externally yet, but I would leave it be now til it's hatched. So hard to wait, isn't it? [​IMG]

6. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Oh yes! Everyone around me on BYC is piping and hatching and Im waiting and Im getting all wound up, I heard 2 eggs chirping atleast. But I dident listen really to the others that well. [​IMG] uhhhh I cant cant think about anything else beside chicks/ !!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by