Happy birthday Runners!

chickenlittle1980

Songster
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Today is mine 3 mystery sexed 1 week old birthday oh and my moms two...... All five got bigger digs in my guest bathroom..... My mom was here and was visting hers.... Oh dear lord i am getting attached!!!!!!

54388_new_place.jpg

Oh my....i thought at first you were saying it is also your mom's birthday too.....and then you said they all got bigger diggs in the guest bathroom!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
What a way to treat your mom haha.....but happy one week birthday ducks!

I had my runners in the same cage for a while... A bit of advice, you may want to put a cardboard, or some other type of sheild around the back and sides. My wall was a disaster from them. SUPER messy.
wink.png

BTW They are adorable!!!

Mine are 6 weeks old tomorrow. I moved them outside this past week. Well they've been spending nice days out with the big ducks for a couple weeks before they started spending the night. I started with a few hours at a time just to get them used to each other.

They are all getting along fine... except my broody call. But that's just cause she's broody. They've just learned to stay away from her. lol

But still super messy. and I didn't even give them a big water bowl. I had a bowl inside a larger bowl. That works as far as keeping the bedding dryer.

I've read that they can start spending nights outside when they are small as long as it doesn't go below 65 at night.
We've had some chilly nights recently so that's why I held off for a bit.

I loves them.
smile.png

Last edited:
I did finish most of the new duck run yesterday..... YAY.....I just need to put down some big bricks so the dogs dont push their way in....... My poor pekins are not use to it they still think there are free rangeing and evey time a dog walks buy they run back in too their house. BTW yesterday my mom was talking about letting hers just live over here YAY

Back
Top Bottom