Happy Birthday to ME :D

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SarahFair, Jan 22, 2010.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I set some silkie eggs to hatch between the 24th (my birthday:D) - 25th. My humidity reader reads wrong but I have hatched before and am just copying my steps I followed through the last hatches.
    I candled a few of my eggs last night (night 17) and still have movement. So far so good.
    This morning I bumped the humidity up with a wet sponge and a dish of water, just as I have in the past. There is some moister on the plastic viewing windows (its an LG) above where the dish is sitting.

I have planned a weekend sort of out of town. If I stayed here Id probly do the chicks more bad than good checkin on them so much. [​IMG]
    We are to return Saturday night/Sunday morning. Im sort of afraid my humidity will get too high. So is the moister a good sign or a bad sign?

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    What a nice present! Hope they hatch for you!

3. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Also, you need humidity so the egg membrane doesn't dry out...to much might drown the chicks though...

4. Chic Chick

Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    East Central Alberta
    Your eggs will be fine ! Hopefully when you come home Sunday morning you'll have a few fuzzy birthday presents already!
    Happy Birthday!

BTW Jan 24 is a granddaughters, my mothers and my oldest sisters' (who just passed away last summer from cancer) birthday so it's a special day for me too

5. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

Ha-Ha !

I beat you folks by a week!

(My Birthday was LAST Sunday.)

So....I'm a Week OLDER than you!

Ha-Ha!
    -Junkmanme- [​IMG]
    P.S. I QUIT counting the years.

6. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    My Friend Lauren's birthday is on the 26th! I was going to give her some chicks that Im hatching on the 29th, but she doesnt have a yard [​IMG]

Happy birthday in some days!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  7. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Happy Birthday! Mine's the day after yours!

8. Madcap621

Madcap621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:Does she have a deck or balcony? There's a neet "Balcony Coop' in the small coop plans~! [​IMG] HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

9. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Oh no! [​IMG]

I came home last night (and thank goodness I did!) and the incubator had dropped to 95 because somehow the heat in the house had gotten turned off.
    Its back to 100 again. Are my eggs going to be fine??

10. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Your eggs should be fine. Might just take an extra day to hatch. Always better to drop in temp then to go too high. Same thing happens when the hen gets off the nest. We have had many hatches where the power goes out for 5 or 6 hours and the temp drops and they are just fine.
    Keep us posted we want to see pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by