Happy Birthday To Us! (Pictures)

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
The girls are 8 weeks old today, but it's so ugly outside. Pouring rain and hail, thunder and lightning. No fun for a birthday. So I brought them inside, but not to their brooder. Nope. They are spending their 8 week birthday on the couch with me, cozied up and watching Animal Planet! They are happy as can be, here are some pictures to prove it! My dog on the other hand was run off his bed, so he is not too happy lol.

Exploring the edge of their travel bin. They've never been let out in the house before hehe.

MunkandJoon8weeksold006.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold001.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold004.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold008.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold010.jpg

Stealing the dog's bed! (of course it's JOON)

MunkandJoon8weeksold082.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold083.jpg

Exploring

MunkandJoon8weeksold009.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold025.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold026.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold032.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold034.jpg

"I don't LIKE this channel Mom!"
MunkandJoon8weeksold035.jpg

"JOON! KNOCK IT OFF!"
MunkandJoon8weeksold038.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold046.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold052.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold051.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold058.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold067.jpg

MunkandJoon8weeksold078.jpg

YES! Great photos, plus, I'm in your weather pattern, up above Placerville. My chicks will be ~ 8wks next Tues., I put them out in the coop a week ago and BOO HOO to the weather! We have had to keep a 250W bulb on them 24/7 for the last week. This is California in May! Low down to 31 degrees at night, up to maybe 46 day. I had the plan for their transition so well planned... No light, no cooped up, just sun and fun in the run! Did not harden them off to those elements...
You are great people to let your chicks in to cruize the house, and nice behaved dog!
Love your EE, she is really pretty!

Thanks for the compliments
big_smile.png
they are great picture subjects haha.

Yeah I know about the putting off moving
sad.png
it sucks big time. My backyard has so much vegetation and stuff I am not comfortable hanging a heat light anywhere I am NOT. So my chicks have to wait until they can go out with no heat, which with this weather I dunno when that is! I wish it would decide to be summer, and just be summer. They enjoyed the house, and loved eating my mothers house plants LOL. But finally the sun came out down here and they were able to spend a few good hours in the run.

P.S. The dog is terrified of them. Especially Joon. She bullies him lol, not kidding though
smile.png
poor pup. But he is a good boy, and is a great pit bull advocate to be around chicks and chickens and not wanting to eat them. (He is never with them unsupervised though, wouldn't put a chicken dinner past him heh)

Back
Top Bottom