Happy Cackle Special

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by MrChicken207, Jul 14, 2010.

1. MrChicken207

MrChicken207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Caribou, Maine
    Anyone ever get this? How'd it work out? What were the pullets and the straight run rare breeds? Were the turkeys broad breasteds? I'm thinking it's a good way to have a variety of birds to start with.

2. There's a whole thread on the special on here somewhere, just type in "Happy Cackle Special" in the search box and it should come up...most seemed pleased as I recall...good luck!

3. MrChicken207

Jun 4, 2010
    Caribou, Maine
    Did the search. Couldn't seem to find the thread.

4. Thundrr-Chicken

Thundrr-Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Dover, Ohio
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Ideal is currently running some specials where you can get pullets for $1.40 each...

6. MrChicken207

Jun 4, 2010
    Caribou, Maine
    That is an awesomw price for pullets, but I'm not wondering about Ideal right now. Most all of their assortments are pretty much cut and dry as to what's in them. I do like that Ideal has a greater variety of breeds compared to anybody. I'm looking at the Happy Cakle special, because it has some of four different farmyard fowl. I'm just wondering what other people's experiences are with them.

I know that McMurray has their Homesteaders special thing, but that has less birds, no roosters and is considerably more expensive than Cackle. And they're essentially the same types of birds coming from about the same distance away from me.

SO...Happy Cackle Special. Anybody have experience with this? I'd like to know if it was good, bad, breeds, genders in the non-sexed birds, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by