Happy Cheeper Scores Plums

briefvisit

Crowing
10 Years
Nov 9, 2013
20171222_113107.jpg

Forget the fence. It's a remnant. This is a little-bit-tame-wild chick.

How do we know it is a happy cheeper? Well, there are four emus in orbit here at present. Felicity commands, and her consort guuurks along behind her. Felicity's sister, Uno Chick (a young adult) is also in orbit.

And so are the parrots, which knock down dozens of plums at they pillage the tree. And under the tree is the nutritionally-richest spot within ten miles or more. And only the most powerful emus get to 'command' it.

And exactly a year ago? When Eric commanded the house-clearing? Here are he and and his chicks, waiting patiently for plums to fall from the sky.
20170103_105509.jpg

So, the chick has no name; but I know it's one of the chicks in the photo, returned, independent, a year later.
And to its amazement this morning, all the adult emus were away. There were plums just lying on the ground, and I got this picture of it happily scoffing them up.

Supreme Emu, Lake Muir

Last edited:
Great pictures! I have to try plums with the emus. This is probably the only fruit I haven't tried yet. They sure love their kiwis so I think they will love the plums too. Very expensive here but the flea market are starting to stock them finally. You would think they would be cheap in Florida lol. But then a few lemons is almost $2 here at the grocery stores. Now, that's really insane!

Morning, Julie. Cost is always a factor. Emus seem to luuuuurv all fruit (excep-t citrus), both fresh and dried. But dried grapes -- sultanas and raisins -- are fairly cheap treats.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom