Happy chick arrival from McMurray!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Nostalchic, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Nostalchic

Nostalchic Chillin' With My Peeps

I had to post after following poor Farrier's trials and tribulations as she awaited her chicks this week, if only to reassure folks who were following that and sympathizing with her, and worrying like I was. My chicks from McMurray's were supposed to ship the "week of the 27th" so I figured they would arrive no sooner than Monday or Tues. After reading her posts, I called the hatchery yesterday (Saturday) and was told that they were hatching and shipping on Saturday. This morning (Sunday) at 8:30, our wonderful local post office called to tell us they were here already! We picked them up right away, every one alive, healthy and active, the 35 we'd ordered with an extra Austrolorp pullet, an extra Buff Orpington pullet, and a little exotic (most likely a little roo) which looks like a Polish.
    So I'm really glad I called the hatchery yesterday, and I'm really glad I went in to the post office yesterday to check on the process, so I learned good lessons from Farrier's bad experiences - thank you honey, and I hope your little ones are doing ok.

2. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Staples, Minnesota
    oK, YOU ARE MAKING ME WORRY NOW!

I am also supposed to be getting chicks the week of the 27th! I wonder if mine are sitting somewhere waiting for me.

3. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    Congrats on your new fuzzies!![​IMG]
    Our's are being shipped out this Wednesday can't wait:weee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by