happy chicken

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by one cool chick, Oct 25, 2008.

1. one cool chick

one cool chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    USA
    [​IMG] all of my chicks were so happy when I let them go out side without any cage around them:D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i just started letting mine free range and they love it

3. welman

welman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Mine actually crossed the road today into my neighbor's yard...they are going to be very unhappy chickens when I have to build them a run because they are bugging our neighbors!!:|

4. one cool chick

one cool chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    USA
    our are in a fenced in back yard and all of our neighbors LOVE our chickens!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

5. welman

welman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    We're hoping the neighbors love ours more once eggs arrive!![​IMG]

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Mine haven't strayed very far. I have several gardens.I had to fence in a range area. I originally let them free range but they were destroying my gardens, and spreading my mulch pile all over. I got tired of constantly raking up my mulch pile and replanting my gardens. I tried spraying them with my garden sprayer or sometime put the sprinklers on. They would run out, but when the sprinklers were off they would venture in again. The temptation, so instead of fencing in my gardens, they got fenced in. Also, I have a lot of preditors such as cayotes, fox, coons, possums, hawks, owls, etc. which I have seen on my property. I have several acres. Up until the time I graduated from school, my family had a campground where we lived and worked. After I moved away, I lived in a subdivision. I never saw anyone with chickens. Some had some ducks. Several years ago my husband took an early retirement, we sold our house and bought several acres and got some chickens, where we live now. I can retire in January.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My beloved fiance extended our coop to 10x16 outside for 13 birds. They are so thrilled with their new area it isn't even funny. they have shade, they have sun, they have a tree, the have a roost and a ladder. Inside is 10x6. Can you say spoiled?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by