Happy Chickie Family!

Hi and welcome to BYC! We're glad you joined us! I'm sorry about your little chick :hugs Are the others still doing good?
Thank you! The others are doing great! Starting to suspect the second Buff I assumed was a pullet might actually be a cockerel. Feathers are coming in very differently from the pullet's. And we're getting four more pullets from the same hatchery, two White Crested Black Polish and two from what they call their brown egg layer assortment so I might just end up with two more Barred Plymouth Rocks or if I'm lucky something different. :lol:

The new babies arrived this morning and our current six have welcomed them so sweetly! Still keeping a close eye on them though! We have two White Crested Black Polish pullets, that dark little pullet has feathered feet so I'm going to do some research(edit: I researched and most likely is a Partridge Cochin!), and another yellow pullet that will lay brown eggs so it could be a Golden Buff/Buff Chantecler/New Hampshire Red? We shall see!
20200610_094121.jpg

20200610_094308.jpg

20200610_094312.jpg

20200610_094321.jpg

20200610_094433.jpg

Last edited:
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Semi-new to chickens. Raised a Silkie chick for FFA in High School (a good 12 years ago now!) and have handled RIRs and Golden Buffs at a farm I worked at. But we just received our first batch of chicks and I've been watching Chicken TV all day. :D

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have seven fluffball chicks!

(3) What breeds do you have?
A female Polish who is either a White Crested Blue or a White Crested Black, but I'm leaning towards the former. Two female Golden Buffs. And four straight runs who are at best guess Barred Plymouth Rocks or Black Australorps or both? Lol. I'll be posting pictures soon!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I've always loved farm animals of all kinds and will hopefully own an actual farm, but for now it's just the chickens! We're looking forward to the fresh eggs as well as the composting aspect of the DLM for our garden of veggies.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love to read so I've been doing a lot of that in preparation for our chicks. I play too many games on my phone and have a toddler who keeps me extremely occupied otherwise.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm 32 years old and my husband and I have been married for four years and together for eight. Our toddler is almost 20 months old and keeps us on our toes with her intelligence and climbing abilities. We have a fifteen year old orange tabby tomcat and a five year old brown/white male Siberian Husky. And the letters in CDAchicks are the first letters of my name, my husband's name and my daughter's name.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
The almighty power of Google. About a month. I've been loving the insight provided by all of the crazy Chicken people on here and couldn't wait to be a part of the group!

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom