Happy Easter from Upstate NY (where NY, MA & VT meet up)

Hello all!
My husband and three kids have decided to add some chickens to our world. Eggs are a big plus but tick control is even bigger. Also with a big property it just sounds right to to have some chickens wandering around. I have been researching breeds, how-tos, coop plans, care and feeding, etc. for a few months now and feel pretty confident that we can keep them happy and safe.

With three kids around I have narrowed my "want" list to breeds that are kid-friendly and good layers, one pullet each of:
  • Golden Laced Wyandotte
  • Barred Rock
  • Easter Egger
  • Buff Orpington
  • Australorp

Now the trick is trying to get them to my corner of the world at a reasonable price. Our local TSC in Bennington, VT still sells chickens but the breeds I would like to get are unsexed there and I don't want to have to figure out what to do with any roosters I come home with.

If any BYC members live in my area and would like to go together on a shipment from Meyers to split shipping costs, please let me know. I would love to work something out. I have a friend who would like to order two Barred Rock pullets but doesn't want to spend a fortune on shipping either.

Have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

-Melissa

Last edited:
frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Happy Easter!

welcome-byc.gif
from the gateway of the Okefenokee Swamp and the Folkston Funnel - a train watchers paradise!

Back
Top Bottom