Happy Ending

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ~SunSetsWest~, Jan 30, 2009.

1. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    I must tell on myself!! I had a few Orp/Rock cross eggs in the bator and on day 15 during candling, I dropped one of the eggs onto the truner, slipped right out of my hand and crashed [​IMG] I was so freaked out when I picked it up and saw that the egg was crunched in, from the middle to the bottom, I quick put it back in the turner and tried not to think about how I probably just killed the chick.. well day 18 came and the chick was still alive so into the hatcher they went..On day 20 I was given a special present.. A very pretty blue Orp/rock chicky [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And her 3 hatch mates

[​IMG]

2. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    sweet chicks and boy are they hardy..

3. kybukabu

kybukabu Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2007
    Stateline NC-VA
    Aw, that so rocks. After all the work and hope, how sad it would've been to lose the baby. Very cool! And gorgeous too!

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I love your glamour shots!!! Arent blue/splash babies just the prettiest things? Amazing that baby lived, ol slippery fingers.

5. ~SunSetsWest~

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Quote:Thanks! [​IMG] Don'tcha know I'll be a bazillion times more careful next time.. [​IMG]

6. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    I see I am not the only one with butter fingers, I have done that several times and it breaks your heart.

Step up come on don't be shy get your pre-pipping. come on step up guaranteed to make you hatch faster.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, it's precious! I like that cross, too.

8. ~SunSetsWest~

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Quote:Oh! Thanks!! I can't wait to see how they will turn out, as far as size and fluffy buttness..The cutest thing, is they have blue legs and bright yellow feet.. [​IMG]

9. tofuranch

tofuranch What Came First????

Dec 11, 2008
    Those are a neat cross, I have done what you have done with dropping the egg...it turned out good and I ended up with a chick too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by