Happy Faces in the Morning!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by GoldDogsMom, Oct 24, 2011.

1. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    [​IMG] I was never a morning person but now that I have chickens, I'm up before the sun! It's a pleasant way to wake up, first a snuggle in bed with my Golden Retriever Kona, he's always happy in the am! Then g'morning to the other 2 Goldens who still sleep in their crates...happy faces there! Then when the sun comes up, the big girls are looking out the window at me waiting for me to let them out into their run. Then time to let the little girls (almost 8 wks old) out into their run with happy little chirps and a stampede down the ramp! Makes my day start off right! [​IMG]

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Me too! [​IMG]

3. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    My little girls are so spoiled now that they get upset when I don't come into the run to visit them! They will all crowd at the door climbing on each other until I come in and sit with them!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Automatic pop door openers are for people like me, ones that prefer their mornings start a little bit later. [​IMG]

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I wish! My flock gets so fiesty when I leave them in until 8:30 on weekends [​IMG]

I do wake them up early on weekdays. It's still dark out when I leave for work at 7 am. I leave the light on from 6:30am - 8am. I like them to be awake when I open the pop door at 6:50. I have to say good morning! [​IMG]

6. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    The girls are definitely on a schedule here too! I slept in until 8 yesterday and you would have thought the sky had fallen with all the squawking and carrying on!

7. twinklemama

twinklemama Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2011
    My mornings are similar. I'm not up at dawn but my son wakes at 7:30 and after a diaper change. We go visit the chickens, feed water. Then release the hound into the yard to play. I may hate mornings but these things give me so much joy.

8. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    With the weather getting colder here, it's harder to motivate to go out and let the girls out into the run but as soon as I open the door they all start talking to me and then rush outside and do some wing stretching that always makes me smile!

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I love how my chickens will follw me in a parade after I open the coop as I go check the traps.Then they follow me back to the house to see if I will give them anything good.Told with the cold rain I don't think even treats will get them out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by