HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!! Did You Decorate?

feathermaid

Egg Obsessed
5 Years
Feb 5, 2018
Northwest Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
Halloween is the start of the holiday season and sometimes I get carried away. Feel free to share photos, tips on making decorations or anything else Halloween related!

Here's a wreath I made by wrapping a styrofoam ring with some cheap dollar store feather boas, glitter skulls & spiders, and wired mesh ribbon.
IMG_5703.jpg

Yep, the whole buffet gets filled... more fun for the kids at the Halloween party!
IMG_5708.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

I made a ton of these potion bottles. I collected interesting bottles from Good Will, printed some ready-made labels from the internet and also made a few myself. Then just added creepy accessories.
IMG_5711.jpg

IMG_5713.jpg

IMG_5733.jpg

bat-flying.gif
TRICK or TREAT!!
spider-scary.gif

For the front yard...

Three GHOSTS hanging on fishing line attached to the tree branches. They float and sway with the wind! Made from a ball of squashed up plastic sacks and a wire base for the arms. Then layered with various plastic sheeting (white garbage sacks, flimsy dollar store paint tarp) and topped with cheesecloth.
IMG_2313.jpg

And a graveyard. I made the largest tombstones from a thick sheet of styrofoam insulation... cut out, carved in my designs with an empty hot glue gun and then painted. The others are store-bought blanks that I carved and painted the messages.
IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_5742.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5749.jpg

Can't wait to see your Christmas decorations!!!
Oh... actually my Christmas stuff isn't quite as elaborate. But Candy, our Elf on the Shelf will probably make an appearance!
Hmmm I never thought about a Christmas thread (this halloween one didn't even come up until the last second!)

Oh wow. No decorations here. If I put them out, I have to drag them back in and put away. Good for you though @FlappyFeathers. We never have company, so decorating would only be for my benefit.
Thanks! I seem to get just a little overzealous once summer's over. I never used to decorate at all until after my daughter was born (I was 40 years old). Then we felt it was our "obligation" to give her fun childhood memories (and ridiculously spoil her :rolleyes:) . She's 7 now so it probably won't be long before she thinks all this decorating is stupid -- so I have to take advantage now!!

IMG_5955.jpg

Here she is as Harley Quinn (suicide squad version)... I decorated her baseball bat and even stenciled the word "GOOD NIGHT" down the side :lau

Back
Top Bottom