1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Hope everyone has a fun and safe halloween! [​IMG]

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hope everyone has a fun day. I took the kids to collect candy at the mall last night,because today is supposed to be really bad weather.I can hear the wind and rain right now.We are staying home and watching scarey movies,and ofcourse eating candy!

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    you too!!

Happy Halloween!! [​IMG]

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Happy Halloween, IRM!

[​IMG]

5. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    [​IMG]

Happy Halloween all. I'm sure glad it wasn't last night. The wind would have blown the little goblins in to the next county.

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    [​IMG]

7. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Happy Halloween! I'm baking Halloween cupcakes right now. They are just cooling, and once they are done, I'm going to use the rest of the batter to make more. [​IMG] Smells really good in here right now! [​IMG]
    But here's a funny story:
    This morning, I started helping my mom with making our Vegetarian chili. [​IMG] Then she suggested that I make some Halloween cupcakes. So, I set the temp. on the oven to let it preheat. After a couple minutes, I noticed that smoke was leaking out of the oven. I asked my mom, "uh, why is the stove smoking???" Then I remembered that last night, before we had left to Pumpkin Land for the corn maze, we had hidden the candy for trick-or-treaters in the oven, so our dogs wouldn't get into it! (we learned from last Easter that they like candy LOL) [​IMG] But anyway, my mom got the huge bucket of candy out (that was just small enough to fit in the oven, and was full of plastic bags of candy). [​IMG] [​IMG] Luckily, only 1 bag got melted bad enough, and the bucket didn't melt at all. [​IMG] It did smell bad for a while though because of the burnt plastic bag. [​IMG]
    This afternoon, I'm helping my mom decorate the garage. [​IMG]
    Have a fun Halloween! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. redstars

redstars Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    south dartmouth ma
    Quote:Cool pic!

9. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Me and my friend are going as Lucy and Ethel. From The I Love Lucy Show!!! Right now I have my hair up in rollers [​IMG]

10. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Awesome! I'm gonna get tons of candy and watch anime all night long!

And here is a Halloween haiku:

This night. Black as pitch.
    Doom from inside me wells up.
    Pray I don't get egged.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by