1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happy Halloween: What are your favorite scary movies?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hotwings, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    I am hoping this hasn't been posted before. Halloween is around the corner and has got me into the scary movies for halloween. I love horror movies but not the slash and gore movies that most todays youth gravitate to. I was raised on the great horror stars ie Vincent Price and the such.

If I had to list one good horror movie it would be the classic original 1966 version Night Of The Living Dead! For a low budget film it was great and no leading actors either. There are a lot of other faves of mine too. I like Hitchcok and the Twilight Zone shows too.

What are yours?

2. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Halloween is my all time favorite horror movie. The original one with Jamie Lee Curtis. New horror movies are mostly gore and gross-out, I like suspense.

3. coopgirl

coopgirl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2009
    Jesup, GA
    One of my scariest memories came from a movie from the seventies, It's Alive. It was about deformed, monster-like babies being born and then killing everyone in the delivery room. The babies had this real eerie cry and one day as I was walking home from school after seeing this movie, I heard that same cry coming from a neighbors' bush. I nearly wet myself with fear and then a chihuahua came out wagging her tail! I have never forgot that feeling to this day!

4. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    Quote:This sounds great I will have to check it out. Sometimes the old budget horror films are so bad and corny that I really get a big laugh out of them!

5. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:I saw this when I was younger and the part where Michael Myers falls and the window and then is not there any more, freaked me out as a kid.

6. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:I was always too afraid to see this movie. The coverart for the movie frightened me! I remember the kids in my school talking a lot about this particular movie though.

I really need to watch it.

The original Children of The Corn ruined all corn fields for me forever. [​IMG]

The concept of Nightmare On Elm Street still freaks me out.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  7. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    The first few Halloween movies are good, then they just get cheesy. I like zombie movies - Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Resident Evil, even Shaun of the Dead ([​IMG]).

The Thing with Kurt Russell is very good. Session 9 is psychologically freaky.

DH loves the Evil Dead flicks [​IMG]

8. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I have my favorite Halloween Movies. It's not Halloween if I don't watch these movies this time of year.

Interview With a Vampire
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    The Corpse Bride
    The Great Pumpkin~ Charlie Brown
    Van Helsing
    The Labrynth
    Practical Magic
    Harry Potter Series
    Poltergiest
    The Messengers
    The Fog
    The Mummy Series
    Twilight

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

As far as scary movies go, nothing beats Dead Calm.

10. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    A Haunting in Conneticut *shiver* Creeeepppyyyyyy!

The Knowing is not quite as scary but very good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by