happy happy geese!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by erinszoo, Jan 1, 2012.

1. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    We built a greenhouse this winter for the first time and planted lettuce about a month ago. It's been growing great so yesterday I gave my gander a treat (he likes lettuce but our goose doesn't) and let him graze in the lettuce bed. I would swear he was smiling!! So today we pulled all the grass and even more lettuce and other green weeds out of the greenhouse and fed all the birds. All the work the greenhouse has been is worth it if for no other reason than the joy of being swarmed by my mixed flock for a treat of greens in the middle of winter. [​IMG]

2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Okay wheres the pics? [​IMG]

4. douglashappyfarm

douglashappyfarm Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2010
    Jesup, Georgia
    We also built a greenhouse this year out of cast off sliding glass doors and windows. Planted lettuce, brocolli, cabbage .... like yourself we share the bounty with our flock.
    Share and share alike .... Joe & Diane

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Here's a couple of pics of our turkey and gander enjoying themselves at the feast. The pics aren't the greatest because they were both moving a lot. We even had our duck and a couple of chickens in at one point but all the pics with them were completely blurry. We planted this bed especially for them because they could just reach in the door for a mouthful and we don't have to keep them out of the rest of the growing plants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by