1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happy Hatch Day!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hishigata, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Hishigata

Hishigata Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2012
    Today is the one year anniversary of my chickens, Salt and Pepper, hatching! It hardly seems like it has been that long, but I could not imagine a backyard without the girls running amok in it. Here are pictures from the festivities.

[​IMG]

The decorations are up and Salt is ready to get the party started.

[​IMG]

Fresh baked cornbread (cupcake style) topped with sour cream, flax seed, and grape tomatoes. Yummy!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Salt and Pepper dig in and pretty soon we have a mess. Salt liked the frosting so much she wore some on her face.

[​IMG]

Pumpkin and Nutmeg were a bit late in arriving but there were still a few big chunks to go around.

Overall a successful hatch day party. Has anyone else celebrated their chickens birthday/hatch day? I would love to hear other stories. Pumpkin and Nutmeg will be one in the fall so I would love to hear other peoples ideas.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I am a terrible Momma Hen in that I don't think about time and ages except in retrospect: wow, Carl is over three years old now... Josie hatched 1/1/11 so she's over two years old now!

Too many hatch days in the past 3 years to keep track. But I am just tickled at your celebration for your flock members! Lovely arrangements and really nice photos; thanks for sharing.

3. Hishigata

Hishigata Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2012
    I am sure you are a great Momma hen. I only have the four girls so it is easy to keep track of hatch days especially since they arrived in pairs. If I had a big flock, it would probably not be feasible. Time really does fly though. Only a year ago they were tiny fluffy things and now they are all grown up.

I am glad you liked the pictures. I had fun preparing the party materials and the girls really enjoyed the treats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by