Happy Hobbit Day!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mykee, Sep 22, 2012.

1. so excited but haven't read the book!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. have read the book and can't wait!

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. happy but also worried about PJ changing it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. such a nerd I can sing along with the dwarves!

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. don't even know who PJ is!

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Mykee

Mykee Chillin' With My Peeps

This is for all those Tolkien nerds-we call ourselves residents of Gondor- or for those who may convert with the new movie! Today, International Hobbit day, concludes Tolkien Week. On Wednesday, PJ released a new epic trailer for The Hobbit (hobbit.com), and on Friday was the 75th anniversary of The Hobbit book! So, have a second breakfast or walk around barefoot. Or, if you are lucky and don't have anything else to do, through a Hobbit party! (don't forget the fireworks!)
    Leave a comment if you are excited for the movie!

2. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    After what PJ did with the LOTR, the expectations for these movies are set extremely high. From what I've seen of the trailer, it looks like he is spot on once again.

Which brings me to one of our Irish pub conversations.
    Who throws a better party?
    Humans
    Dwarves
    Elves
    Hobbits

Myself I'd rather go to a Dwarven bash.

3. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

I'd definately say the Dwarves too. Hobbits would be a close second, though. I'm afraid an Elvish party would be too austere to allow for much fun.

4. Mykee

What would a dwarven party be like? And I'm not sure about Elven parties being austere. They would definitely be royal, but the elves in Rivendell in Hobbit, and the Mirkwood elves, do seem to have a soft spot for food and singing.

5. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    To quote Gimli...
    "Soon Master Elf, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the dwarves. Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat off the bone."

6. Q9

Q9 General Headache

I can't wait for the films. The Lord of the Rings movies are still my favorite films, and my family always watches the entire series (we finally own it!) during the Christmas season - it started out with us watching them over New Year's and somehow ended up as a Christmas thing.

That questions is tough, but minus the beer, I'd be inclined to favor Dwarves as well. I love meat and roaring fires. I don't think I could handle being around Elves for an extended period of time. Hobbits would have to be a close second.

7. Mykee

I think I prefer Elves, then hobbits a close second. I guess I have less dwarf in me [​IMG].

8. Lolachick07

Lolachick07 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I think Elves would suit me best. Dwarves would probably be too wild for my personality.

9. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I've loved the Hobbit ever since I was little. It's a great story. All the adventure and humor and Smaug... wonderful. And because I liked the book so much and I don't want it forever changed for me, I think I'll probably skip seeing the movie. Probably. I may find it irresistible once it reaches the local theater. :p

10. Mykee

I thought the same about LotR and Narnia, then with encouragement of friends, saw both. I like the book still more, but the movies were good. However, I get mad at changes and have to take it as a separate story. But I trust PJ, and the trailer clips look great (though he definitely changed things). But anyway, I totally know where you are coming from.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by