1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happy Independence Day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MayberrySaint, Jul 3, 2007.

1. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Let me be the first to wish everyone a wonderful and safe 4th of July. Take time to remember how our forefathers stood up to the Bloody English (sorry UK members) and formed the world's most successful democracy (although GWB is doing his best to tear it down...[​IMG]). The men who put their signatures on the Declaration of Independence that July 4th did so knowing that they were signing their death sentences for treason to the crown, if England prevailed. Over the next 231 years, thousands of Americans have fought and died to preserve that Democracy...so when we are enjoying the fireworks and hot dogs and hamburgers, take time to remember those who sacrificed for our country. Take time to teach your children what this holiday is all about.

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I for one will be flying Old Glory high!!!! We are retired military...and WOOHOO! The 4th is a GREAT day around here. Happy Independence day to all....and BE SAFE watever you chose to do!

3. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I love my country and fly the American Flag all 12 months of the year. God Bless America.[​IMG]

4. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY Y'ALL

5. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    Let me be the first to wish everyone a wonderful and safe 4th of July.

Thanks MayberrySaint! Happy 4th everyone![​IMG]

6. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Thanks Andy ,everyone be safe out there. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Miriam

7. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Great thread I want to add Happy Fourth to everyone too. My family has served in the military for generations before WWI even. My grandfather went to help find Poncho Vela (sp?) and served in WWI and he had , has eight sons some have past on. But all of them served in the military. My grandfather also got a Purple Heart in WWI God Bless all those who serve and there families. Because they sacrifice alot!!!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  8. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    Happy 4th everyone. Safely enjoy the holiday!
    Kristyne

9. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Happy Happy 4th to you all...........I am so glad that this year we do not have to worry about fires...course a lot of our fireworks have been canceled due to the massive amount of rain..........first day in 20 days today that we had no rain.........

10. SNOODLES

SNOODLES Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2007
    Happy fourth!

and formed the world's most successful democracy

FYI: it's a democratic republic-way different than a democracy

[​IMG]
    cheers

Websters 1828 dictionary:
    Republic: A commonwealth; a state in which the exercise of the sovereign power is lodged in representatives elected by the people. In modern usage, it differs from a democracy or democratic state, in which the people exercise the powers of sovereinty in person.

(Senators and congressmen are the peoples representatives)​

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by