Happy manfolk: Hubby got another fix

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dfr1973, Dec 2, 2011.

1. dfr1973

dfr1973 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Nov 20, 2011
    rural central FL
    So hubby made an awful lot of clattering noises in the kitchen this morning while making himself breakfast. As I stumbled to the coffeemaker (NOT a morning person) he cheerfully told me his coworker finally brought him in a dozen farm eggs ... although it was down to ten already. He warned me to get some while the getting's good because he has no intention of being any more restrained than the first time when he tore through half a dozen in two mornings [​IMG] Oh yeah, I will definitely be getting layers once we move ... I'll bet he even helps frame the coop to hurry it along.

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    lol [​IMG]

Sounds like you need to move so hubby can build that coop and get his fresh eggs!

[​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Wait a minute!! You mean there's such a thing as a husband who WANTS you to get chickens???

[​IMG]

4. dfr1973

Nov 20, 2011
    rural central FL
    Quote:My man likes to eat [​IMG] and after years of that stuff the army calls food, he has a keen appreciation of REAL food! I ate the stuff for six years myself ... we like good food here.

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

LOL. I guess Navy food must've been a little better than Army food. Of course, my DH thinks Denny's eggs are good.
    [​IMG]

6. dfr1973

Nov 20, 2011
    rural central FL
    One of the cadences the drill sergeants taught us early in the cycle:
    G.I. beans and G.I. gravy -
    Gee I wish I joined the Navy!

Then again, it could be a difference in standards as I have known some Marines and a couple sailors who would eat things that would make my chow-hound dog tuck tail and run! [​IMG] Most of the army cooks I knew could all whip up some tasty food in a civilian kitchen ... every one of them claimed they were constrained by army regs in the mess hall kitchens. [​IMG]

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Quote:My man likes to eat [​IMG] and after years of that stuff the army calls food, he has a keen appreciation of REAL food! I ate the stuff for six years myself ... we like good food here.

Must be an Army thing.. mine is also in the Army.. hates store bought eggs and now is completely hooked on home grown turkeys, quail and chicken meat

Just the other day he asked me why I havent ordered the big new fancy incubator yet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by