Happy Memorial Day... (to our service men, women, & families)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, May 25, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    ... to all those men, women, children, and parents who serve our country. I added the children in there, because they sacrifice too. They give up their dad's and mom's and are even moved all over the world, so we can enjoy the freedoms of our great nation. I added the parents, because so many have given up their children's lives for the same reason. I am truly honored to be a citizen of this great country that you serve.

I want to personally thank each and every service member and their families for your sacrifice and for serving this great nation! God bless you and your families. You are in our prayers daily. May the Lord bless and keep you and your families safe. [​IMG] Happy Memorial Day, America!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    everyone have a safe memorial day.

3. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Quote:.....ditto and then some. Lets all remember what today is about.

4. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    Quote:thank's! my dad is coming from iraq for a "break" for 3 weeks in one week! then back tell december

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    God bless you, your dad, and your family roosters97! I am happy to hear that your dad will be able to come home for a few weeks! Tell him thank you for me, will you?!?!

6. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Thanks gumpsgirl, I could not have said it any better. My flag is flying this morning.

7. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Thank you to all who are serving or who have served, including your families!

Happy Memorial Day!!!!

8. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    Quote:Ditto from me too, and extend this too all BYCer's with loved ones in active duty.

THANK YOU & God Bless

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thank you all on behalf of my husband who served in the military for over 25 years, most of that time with me alongside him. And thanks to all the other families who have suffered and served alongside their loved ones, to the ones who have endured hardship to keep our freedom, and who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

10. THANK YOU ALL MILITARY FAMILIES, WIVES, PAENTS CHILDREN AND EXTENDED FAMILY (bro,sis, aunts, uncles, cousins,)so many times they are forgotten but in a close family they worry too. Since my son just got home from a TOD their church is sending them on a retreat this week. EVERY ONE ELSE HAVE A GREAT WEEK END TOO.[​IMG] marrie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by