1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happy Mother's Day greetings !

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicken Woman, May 8, 2009.

1. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    I wanted to tell all the Mom's on BYC Happy Mothers Day and provide a place for you to share something special about your Mom !

My Mom was called away 10 years ago at 68. Seems young to me and I miss her sooooo very much. She always encouraged me in my journey as a Mother to 4 children and was always there to just lend an ear when I needed it !

Growing up my mother made almost all my cloths as she was a really good seamstress and we couldn't afford to buy them. I was envied by alot of my friends because I had such nice skirts and pant suits in high school ! She helped me in so many ways in my journey into womanhood ! Boy I would give just about anything to have lunch with my Mom ! [​IMG]

2. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    [​IMG] to you. I dread the year I have to celebrate Mother's Day without my mom. My mom also made most of my clothes growing up! I was always getting compliments from my teachers. Here's wishing you and all the other BYC moms a very Happy Mother's Day![​IMG]

3. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    That is sweet of you, thanks! Happy Mothers Day to all the moms on here from me too [​IMG]

I too don't have a mom to spend it with. Not because she has passed but because she is a heroin addict and I haven't seen her but twice since I was 4. Please keep her in your prayers so one day she can live a normal happy life. [​IMG]

4. Chicken Woman

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Quote:My prayers are with her and with you ! [​IMG]

5. MSHEN

MSHEN Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Monticello,MS
    Happy Mothers day to all! As we get older, life changes and holidays take own new meanings as we loose some our dear, loved ones. Hold on to each other!! Remember to love as hard as you can for as long as you can! [​IMG]

6. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    I wish I could say something special about my mom. I hate to be cynical but.. my mom was not the best out there. I always envyed all the other people with great moms. But mine gave me away when I was born to my grandparents. They just didnt want a kid yet. Then a year and a half later had my brother and kept him. I didnt know they existed till I was 8. At that point we had to make a family tree in school. And I had to ask questions. So it got brought up. Then my grandpa passed away when I was 11 and my grandma had to start going to work to keep us up. At that point she couldnt take care of me and work so she asked my parents to step in. They watched me during the day after I got out of school and then she picked me up when she got home at night. My parents were on drugs and selling them too at that time. And it was a horrible situation to be in for a child. My mom was physicly abusive and my dad was always drunk and high. So you get the idea. Its never been good between me and my mother. Im 26 in July and we still cant stand to be around each other.

7. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Thank you! And... [​IMG] I could not imagine losing my mom. If you are a mom, Happy Mothers day to you too.. I have a shoulder you can cry on... [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Happy Mother's Day!!! My Ken built me three coops today [​IMG] One step closer to breeding and hatching....

9. Chicken Woman

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Quote:Hopefully you will be the mother to your own children that you never got ! How wonderful of your grandmother to attempt to raise a grand child ! I am a grandma to 2 and IM not sure at 54 that I would be able to start my journey as a mother all over again.

10. Chicken Woman

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Quote:That's awsome Deb !!!!!!! Happy Mothers day my friend ! [​IMG]

My DH started on a chicken tractor for me today ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by