Happy Mother's Day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr.Dad, May 13, 2007.

1. Mr.Dad

Mr.Dad Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    To all you mother's out there [​IMG]......

My wife is due home about 2pm...been on a business trip since Tuesday....

My kids and I built her a Tiki Bar while she was away....she should be very surprised and happy.........

Can't wait to break it in this afternoon....been a long few days [​IMG].......

Gotta clean up this place up this morning, all my spare time was spent on the bar rather than keeping up with the house work, I can hardly see the kitchen floor LOL.......

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Mr.Dad.....Way to go! I am sure she will love it! Get the sweepin done now! got pics of it!??

3. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Way to go, youre a very good hubby and Im sure your wife will appreciate it.
    Perhaps youll get a reward!!!!

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

That was nice of you, Mr. Dad...
    Thanks for the mother's day wish.[​IMG]

5. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes...any chance you'd show us the tiki bar? We'd love to see it.

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Yes, show us the pics of the tiki bar, sounds nice! I'll bet she loves it. BTW Happy Mr. Mom day to you too, Mr. Dad!

7. Mr.Dad

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    Man this place is a real mess.....and getting these kids to clean is a problem I need to start working on......

Here's the bar....the sun is at a bad angle but it should give you guys the idea [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have flowers I planned to plant in the planters but not sure I'm gonna make it.....if not we can all do it when she gets home...grass got long this week too....(there are about eight big floor planter's on the other side).....

PS....after this week a 'reward' would be great....LOL....

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Whoa! That's beautiful! And when did you start this? She better like it! That's amazing!

9. Mr.Dad

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    She left Tuesday and it was daily trips to Lowes with my son, daughter, and the baby (weeeeee)......

She has no idea we built it.....she'll be home around 2pm [​IMG].......

10. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    You are such a sweetie!!!
    Excellent work, you guys will get years of enjoyment out of that. And that is such a great and romantic surprise for your wife. She'll love it!! [​IMG]

Have a wonderful afternoon with you're whole family!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by