happy new years to me.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by PippyChicken, Jan 1, 2011.

1. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    [​IMG] I JUST got my new seramas 2 days ago. One got out when we opened the cage earlier and tonight we were gone 3 hours to get some things and when I came home my brother found one of my 2 hens outside scared to death. We opened the cage and there was my only rooster in there. No other hen. Walked around the cage and half of it was torn down. Thank you neighbor's dog. [​IMG] This is the second time this has happened but the first time he killed all of them. Please pray that my hen will come back [​IMG] I haven't seen alot of feathers except inside the coop but he didn't come in there because the cage was not open but there was 2 layers of fencing and he tore the first layer down. We're not gonna talk to the neighbor unless he finds his dog "missing" [​IMG] (SSS) There was only 3 seramas this time but last time there were 5 and it took me 2 years to build up that tiny flock. [​IMG] [​IMG] I really hope that the hen comes back. [​IMG] We're gonna fix the pen tomorrow with some new wire.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  2. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Oh I'm so sorry! Sounds like time for SSS. And some heavy-duty welded bars or something to keep the d&mn dog out.

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SSS

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hope your hen made it. I noticed tracks in the snow.Time for us both to put out a trap!

5. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    She did! She cane home!!! She is now safe inside [​IMG]

6. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Wonderful!

7. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps