Happy Thanksgiving From My Flock! *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenPeep, Nov 23, 2012.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    In my flock, I have Ebony the silkie-cochin, Pumpkin the buff silkie, Winter the blue silkie, Checkers the barred OEGB, and Blaze the crele OEGB. Blaze and Checkers were hatched by Pumpkin and Winter.
    My flock is so spoiled. Today I made all the adults a plate of Thanksgiving food. I was planning for them to each have their own plate to share with their baby, except Ebony who doesn't have a baby.
    All three plates had sweet potatoes, scrambled eggs, raspberries, toast bits, and a bit of pumpkin crumble.
    [​IMG]

3 plates were laid out for each 'Big Girl'.

[​IMG]

On a countdown, we set each girl down by her plate at the same time, along with the babies. At first they just stared at the plates. But once it occurred to them that it was food (which didn't take Ebony long), they all ran and gathered to eat around one plate. They wanted to be together!

[​IMG]

Despite the flock's love for food, they only ate from one plate.

[​IMG]

The eggs were first to disappear.

[​IMG]

Yum! Look at little Blaze!

[​IMG]

Ebony the mighty ferociously gobbled food. She was not happy about me getting close to her to take this picture. She angrily grumbled at me as if to say "Get out of my way! The plates won't clear themselves!"
    [​IMG]

But what? Winter discovered a new plate! Pumpkin and Checkers came along, leaving Ebony and Blaze to dine by themselves on whatever was left.

[​IMG]

Ebony moved to the next plate, leaving only Blaze.
    "More sweet potatoes for me!"

[​IMG]

'Tis a feast!

[​IMG]

Pumpkin went back to the first plate to help her baby clean up the sweet potatoes. This confused the others and they wandered around for a bit. The third plate is still untouched.

[​IMG]

When the flock all moved back to the second plate again, they had not left much food on the first. The raspberries were not quite to their tasting.

[​IMG]

The third plate is still awaits hungry chickens.

[​IMG]

The third plate was finally introduced to the flock with a little help from the caretakers. Unfortunately, my camera ran out of memory so I was not able to take pictures. But I can say, they were pretty full and left a lot on the plate!

Pumpkin loved her sweet potatoes so much, she tried to save some for later... on her beak.
    [​IMG]

But not only the flock enjoyed a Thanksgiving meal. Pepper the rabbit and Patches the Guinea Pig also had a feast!

[​IMG]

Patches went to hide away with his prize.

[​IMG]

But he soon came out to eat with his Friend.

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed! Feel free to post what you thought and if you have any stories of your flock/pet's Thanksgiving feel free to share them.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    [​IMG]

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Very cute pictures. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

3. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Thank you!
    Where have you been? I haven't seen you in forever!

4. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Busy. I really missed talking to all of you guys.

5. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I missed you too. Happy Thanksgiving!

6. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    That's it I have to get some silkies!!!!!

My chickens got some raspberries,blueberries,cranberries,and some Turkey [​IMG]

7. Sk8inChick(en)

Sk8inChick(en) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    The Show-Me State
    That's so cute!! I love the Silkie with sweet potato on her beak!! Happy late Thanksgiving!

8. How adorable!!! I love picture of the rabbit and guinea pig eating together. SOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    How adorable! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

10. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Adorable pictures Peep!! [​IMG] I love Ebony!!! Happy Thanksgiving. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by