Happy Thanksgiving To All. What Are You Thankful For?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ThePamperedPullet, Nov 26, 2009.

1. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Happy Thanksgiving To All Of You!
    This year has been very trying for most of us. With the economy the way it is, lost jobs, trying to figure out how to eat from day to day, bills gone unpaid. But throughout it all we all have to find a ray of hope. We still have family and friends. We are all learning that we can do without many of the things we used to take for granted. We are spending less and doing more with what we have. We are becoming less of a throw away society. We are learning new ways to use old things. This past yer has made us all use our brains a bit more. We are no longer running on autopilot. We are all becoming more creative in everything we do. Without jobs we are able to spend more time with the family. We are learning that we have to work together. We are all getting a taste of reality like our parents and grandparents did through the great depression. Going into the holidays, it is not about how many gifts we can give. That is materialistic. It is about family, friends and being together. To be thankful that we have each other. To spread love and cheer and goodwill to others. To join each other in song and lively conversation. Most of us are all in the same boat together and for those who aren't, remember that at any moment you could loose an oar.
    Happy Thanksgiving To All
    The Pampered Pullets Farm

2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I am thankful for America as flawed as the government may be. Thank you for posting this.

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    I am thankful for my healthy family.
    HAve a Great Thanksgiving! [​IMG]

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

This Thanksgiving will be an extra special one for us. Our son and wife and 2 month old daughter are coming up today from Fort Bragg! I wonder how much trouble I will get into by having the baby out with the turkeys? [​IMG]

Happy Thanksgiving everybody

Steve in NC

5. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    I am thankful for my families health. That I still have a house to come home to and money to put food on the table. That my husband still has a job and is a very hard worker. That we're in a position to help our children during these trying times. That we can afford to buy children less fortunate than ours a Christmas gift. And for so many other things that I couldn't hope to fomulate into words.

6. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    I'm thankful for my doctor that is keeping me breathing, and for my part-time job.

7. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    I am thankful that I am up and breathing today. I am thankful for my family and friends. I am especially thankful that my mom is going to be here for yet another Thanksgiving with us! I'm also thanful for this wonderful site that has brought so many people together for their common interests....chickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    Thankful for life
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    [​IMG] Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for too much to mention!

10. cwhit590

cwhit590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    SW Michigan
    Happy Thanksgiving all!

I'm thankful for
    -having a job right now!!!
    -family, friends, and our church family.
    -and....lots of other things.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by