Happy Thanksgiving!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by 65browneyes, Nov 24, 2010.

1. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Anybody else been busy cutting, stirring, and prepping for tomorrow's big feast?

Got the pies done first (pumpkin, pecan, chocolate - and a cheesecake). Sweet potato casserole is ready for warm up, rolls are rising, ham's baked, sliced and ready for warm up, veggies are cut, Frog's Eye Salad is 'marinating' and ready for fruit to be added tomorrow, and the giblets are cooking and will be ready to add into the stuffing first thing.

Will just need to stir up the stuffing, put the turkey in the oven, mash taters, mix gravy and put the green bean casserole together.

Whew......glad I always start early. How 'bout you?

Have a GREAT day, all! Be grateful for this day among friends and loved ones, or even a quiet day to yourself. Any day you get to see the sun shine, or the clouds move in, or the rain drops fall is a good day. FAR better than the alternative.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Goodness! What a meal! What a cook! How many folks are you feeding?

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

We're going to relatives but I made two peanut butter pies to take. [​IMG] and [​IMG] to all the cooking your doing!

4. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    i was doing great then hubby came home last night with a stomach bug.. cooked the turkey then removed the meat, then seal a mealed it and put in freezer with all the stuffing.. will pull it out sunday and have turkey dinner then.. ugh. daughter took her family to a friends and son went elsewhere too.. no one wants his bug lol

5. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    yep i cleaned a farm fresh turk a day ago and cooked him up today [​IMG] OMG he was so good!!!! way better than them icky store bought ones.

6. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

7. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:One might have thought I was cooking for an army, but, no..........just me, DH, two teenagers and a 25 y/o mancub. 'Nuf said, eh? LOL

And, for Friday, I got a world class stomach bug that put me to bed for 2 days and still hangs on today................fun, fun..........

Hope everyone survived Thanksgiving and those who braved Black Friday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by