Happy the Evil Chicken...PICTURE

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicken_china_mom, May 22, 2010.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    This is Happy:
    [​IMG]

Happy was upset with the new birds in the coop. See, Happy is one of my smallest birds, and therefore she gets pushed around a lot. So she is trying to establish herself as higher in the pecking order than the babies that are in the coop. So she chases them and harasses them every chance she gets. At this particular moment I was sitting on the floor of the coop with a couple of the babies in my lap, and Miss Happy decided to chase another of the babies, right into my lap. I pushed her back and this is the look I got. She looked downright psychotic for a moment there, lol. Happy is usally quite...happy, but she is PMS'ing or something lately, lol. She is my little bitty Black Frizzled Cochin. Lays the cutest, tiniest eggs. I'm hoping that some of the eggs in my bator are hers, and that I get an equally cute little Frizzle from it! I love her though, little brat that she is. She's too doggone cute NOT to love!

2. AndreaS

AndreaS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Hurdle Mills, NC
    [​IMG] Priceless!

3. FeatherMommy

FeatherMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Muahahaha *evil laugh* she is planning her next attack.

4. chicken_china_mom

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Quote:Yes, and she followed through with that attack today, lol! She was angrily chasing the babies on and off. She seemed to be in a slightly better mood today. Maybe the sunshine helped? I laugh every time I look at that picture of her though, cause if you saw her in person, she's so darn tiny, but so feisty! Gotta love those Cochins!

5. FeatherMommy

FeatherMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I wish I had experience with them. My experience is limited to the chickens I had growing up (and honestly for the life of my I can't remember what kinds they were!) and they were outside. None of them were fancy though. My main interest was all the pigeons I had and raised from babies.

Now I have had Polish and what ever my other chicken is lmao. Some say Rock barred and others say Cuckoo Maran so who knows! lol

6. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    To me she doesn't look evil or mad, she looks hurt! [​IMG] She looks stunned that you would dare shelter a chick in your lap in favor of her, lol. She's working hard at being bossy, and she is just a little thing after all, so I think you need to be more supportive of her quest for world dominance. [​IMG]

She is SO cute! I have a bantam cochin chick about 19 days old and I don't know whether she will be frizzled or not. She's yellow and black and posters who have seen her pic think she's a "mottled" color. All I know is among the Silkies and a D'Uccle, she is by far the most mellow. Always laying around the brooder, just chilling out......[​IMG]

7. stina3246

stina3246 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2010
    My Frizzle chick looks EXACTLY like your accept that his/her wattles aren't that big yet.....so maybe mine's a hen after all. And he is the CUTEST little thing. He's gonna be my house chicken 'cause I can't BARE the thought of him being outside while I'm not home! I'm terrified that SOMETHING will happen when I get home and he'll hurt. He is ALSO at the bottom of the pecking order but I pnly have 3 so it's not too bad.

8. chicken_china_mom

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Cochins are awesome, especially the hens. The boys seem to get a little standoffish as they mature into adulthood, but the girls get friendlier. Happy has never been a super snuggly chicken, but she is lower in the pecking order. But not the lowest! She is always busy doing something. Lately she's been sneaking under my coop to lay eggs with one of my Splash hens and my Black Silkie mixed hen. [​IMG] My Barred Cochin hen is my super friendly one. For those that have Cochins, you would LOVE my Petunia. She immediately comes up for lovings when I enter the coop. Depending on her mood she may just want a scratch behind the ear or she may want to be held and kissed and snuggled. She's been jealous of the babies lately, so when they are in my lap, that's where she wants to be too, lol. We have conversations every day and she tells me all about everything, lol. She loves my kids too and goes rollerskating, for wagon rides, bike rides, you name it. She just wants to be where we are. Everyone that meets her loves her. I use her as the chicken ambassador. Anyone comes over, I introduce them to her first. My Splash hens will come over for petting and love too, but mostly it's my smallest Splash gir, Dora. She is a sweetheart too. My little Mottled hen Pebbles is sweet and friendly too. I love my Silkie girls too but they don't come up for affection. But they are the nicest girls in the flock, never pecking at anyone. In fact they've been super nice to the babies since I put them out there. Cochins are definitely one of my favorite breeds. It's so funny watching Happy chase the babies. Most of them are already bigger than her, lol. I don't have enough room in the house so I put all the older babies into the bantam coop. When they reach POL, I'll relocate the standard chicks to the standard coop. My rooster in there is HUGE, and my hens are good sized too, and I wasn't going to risk them hurting the chicks, so I figured they were safer with the bantams for now. And they are. Even when Happy chases them, which she is doing less and less. But the look on her face when I told her to be nice, it was priceless. I'm so glad that I had my camera with me out in the coop that day!

And world domination is high on Happy's priority list... [​IMG]

9. ParlorCityChickens

ParlorCityChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    [​IMG] Happy is so sweet!

10. cheerleader401

cheerleader401 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2010
    What a cutie, doesn't look mad to me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by