1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happy to be here - from Tucson, AZ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SpankedMooseFarm, Oct 25, 2010.

1. SpankedMooseFarm

SpankedMooseFarm New Egg

Oct 25, 2010
    We're not new to chickens, just new to the forum. We have 4 Barred Rock hens: Doris, Eileen, Eunice and Helga. We also just bought 3 RIR peeps and one more Barred Rock peep today. We love our critters and are working on expanding our entire farm little by little. I'm looking forward to meeting others who share my animal enthusiasm.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC from a fellow Arizonan.

Come check us out on the AZ thread and introduce yourself to all the AZ peeps.

Arizona Chickens

[​IMG]

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    [​IMG] from Tennessee!

4. SpankedMooseFarm

SpankedMooseFarm New Egg

Oct 25, 2010
    Thanks so much for the welcome.

@Mahori- I'll definitely have to check that out, thank you.

@Cindiloohoo- We're hoping my husband gets a transfer to Kentucky in the spring. We'll be neighbors! [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington

You have the best farm name I've seen in a while.

Imp

6. SpankedMooseFarm

SpankedMooseFarm New Egg

Oct 25, 2010
    LOL, thanks. One day the kids and I were discussing native Americans and the horses. We looked up some pictures and there was one where the horse had a red hand painted on its hind end and my son said, "mom, it looks like that horse got spanked!" It was originally going to be "Spanked A$$ Farm" but when I typed it into Google it spewed back a lot of adult-themed trash. I'm not sure exactly how it morphed into moose but we like it.

7. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Greetings from another Tucsonan! I loved the story of your farm naming. [​IMG]

8. ChickyD

ChickyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    NH
    Welcome from NH! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by