Happy update!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mrs. Green Thumbs, May 25, 2010.

1. Mrs. Green Thumbs

Mrs. Green Thumbs Chillin' With My Peeps

I know I know I have neglected all my BYC friends. Oh the shame! lol Soooo... last time I was here my EE had a hole in her belly, the other 4 girls were teeny, we were panicking because my husband lost his job and we still needed materials to build the coop/run. Well I posted some ad's on CL asking for donations and my community answered my request. We now have MORE than enough materials for 3 pen's and have the pen almost fully built (the DH is finishing off the top today) and the coop is 3 quarter's of the way done. Should be done today or tomorrow. The girls are HUGE and making life miserable for us in the house lol. Can't wait to have them outside full time! Jasmin my sick EE still has a small hole but it seems to be slowly clearing up, of course she seems to just have one problem after another... I was carrying her inside sunday evening and noticed she has a crooked neck... Oh these freaking birds.... If it's not one thing it's another... Were not going to freak out untill we notice that it's impacting her life. For now we have potentially 5 hen's and 4 very healthy one's. Our BR girl Violet is the most friendly and will go so far as to hop up on the cinderblock in the brooder (we use it to elevate the food) and lay down on top of it to be petted. Were loving having the girls... just waiting with eager hearts to have a little distance from them... [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    You've had your challenges with your little flock, haven't you. Wishing for good health for all and happy days outside!

3. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

4. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Your DH is a gem and your a awesome chick mama. Keep up the good work and your return will be 10 fold [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by