Happy with Ideal poultry

Urbanchicken62

Songster
Sep 17, 2012
Kingston, TN
Ordered 7 hens knowing the odds we'd probably end up with a roo in the bunch. One of the reds did turn roo on us and he was given away along with the 11 silver laced wyandotte roo packing peanuts.They are now 9 weeks old and doing very well. They were moved into the coup at 6 weeks and have the run of the back yard several times a week. They are eating machines! Collard greens seem to be their favorite along with some clover I planted before we got them. It gets mowed down so fast it can't recover.

Your pullets look great! Most of our pullets are from Ideal and they are thriving and beautiful. The first 7 are now laying really nice eggs., have 5 more that about to lay, and lo and behold, I just had to go pick up nine more Ideal birds from the feed store..one of which I am suspecting is a roo ( one of the two salmon faverolle). My nine other chickens are my first attempts at hatching eggs. Never wanted chickens before last spring. Now it's chicken math! And I can't seem to stop.But, to me...ideal birds are as pretty as any.

Back
Top Bottom