hard boiled egg question

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Suess hens, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    I know I have read information on this problem before, but I can't find my "grandma's secrets in teh kitchen" book.
    Whenever DH hard boils our eggs (the ones from our backyard) a layer of white comes off with the shell...how can I fix this problem?

2. MicMoo

MicMoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
  3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:You have no Idea how great this method is, we need to put this guy in our will's. try it you will never be disapointed. i tried it as I read through the post's and posted my success afterwards.

AL

4. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:You have no Idea how great this method is, we need to put this guy in our will's. try it you will never be disapointed. i tried it as I read through the post's and posted my success afterwards.

AL

What he said!!!!!!

5. GRAM49

GRAM49 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    This works!

6. annmarie

annmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    It sounds like the above method works for everyone. I haven't tried it, but I did try poking a tiny hole in the wide end of each egg with a needle before boiling them and they peel amazingly perfect every time.

7. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    Thank you.
    I told my husband to try adding salt...but he is insistent to put eggs in, bring water to boil boil 8 minutes, then cool bath...but it obviously isn't working with home eggs...so I will try this one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by