Hard Boiled Eggs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NRacine, Apr 22, 2009.

1. NRacine

NRacine Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2008
    I've been getting eggs for a few months now, and I haven't hard boiled any because everyone says they peel horribly. I've experienced this before when working at a deli that got local organic eggs. Today I was washing eggs and dropped one in the sink. The shell cracked, but the inner layer was intact, so I boiled it and a few more as an experiment. THEY WERE GREAT! They peeled just fine! The inner membrane on my eggs is pretty thick, I think that may have something to do with it. I love hard boiled eggs, so I AM PUMPED! WOOO!

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Fresh eggs don't usually peel very easily. It doesn't affect the taste at all, it's just harder to peel them.

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    If you keep them for 7-10 days, they peel easier.

4. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    If you go over to the recipe section, there is a whole thread with directions on how to hard boil fresh eggs and get them to peel easily.

5. NRacine

NRacine Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2008
    These eggs were maybe 3 days old. Guess I don't need directions since it was perfect the way I did it. I think it's because my chickens are the BEST!

6. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    We have hard boiled our own chicken's eggs and they do peel, but some just don't peel very well. Sometimes when we take the membrane off, it brings clumps of the whites with it. [​IMG] But stuff pretty good; although I'm not a big fan of hard boiled eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by