Hard-cook eggs in a Nu-Wave

Have you used a Nu-Wave oven to hard cook eggs?

• No - never thought of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChicKat

Free Ranging
11 Years
P1060815.JPG
Have you ever done this? Already posted it somewhere on BYC in a NuWave Oven thread - and not 100% sure where I originally got this idea---someplace on line I guess.

It is soooo effortless and mostly worry-free.

I use the smallest eggs, like pullet-sized or just smalls and mediums and put the larges and extra larges in cartons for people. (or use them in cooking and baking) ---

My method is:
  • Put the NuWave rack so the wires are nearest to the base.
  • Place eggs on the rack not-touching each other
  • Set the cook-time for 8 minutes
  • Press start.
  • Then 8-minutes later -- hard-cooked eggs that are easy to peel, even if they are fresh.
Easy-Peasy.

For larger eggs the cook time would have to be 9-minutes. I always just take the default - high.

Oh, sometimes the eggshell will get brown 'freckles' due to some protein seeping out of the pores, it rinses right off.

Occasionally, I have had an egg pop off part of the shell. Not sure if it was due to air cell or due to a bit of water on the shell making extra steam. it isn't like the egg blows up -- if the cooking isn't far enough along sometimes some of it will drip on the oven base--- not hard to clean up though.

You don't need to wait for the water to boil, you don't need to insert the steamer, you don't need to be there to turn off the stove top --etc. Sometimes I just set and forget, and sometimes I pull them out and immerse in ice water to end cooking process if I'm right there.

Anyone else do this?

ETA - Eggs are always room temperature when I start them.

Last edited:
Since this thread was revisited from the 'should I stockpile eggs' thread... I thought I would take pictures of an egg today to show:
1. how the 'freckles' look
2. how the freckles look wiped off
3. how easy it is to peel the egg
4. What the inside of the egg looks like when cut
:O)
P1060944.JPG

P1060947.JPG

P1060948.JPG

P1060949.JPG

P1060950.JPG

Years ago when the oven went out at the ranch, I bought the NuWave as a stop-gap until we could get a new stove. Therefore mine is an old model. Not sure if the new ones work exactly the same...but this way to cook eggs is soooo easy.

Back
Top Bottom