Hard to say 'farewell' to cockerals

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Life is Good!, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Yep, I'm hooked - bait, hook, line and sinker.

Of the 11 Java chicks I got from the Farm, 5 are roosters. I'll keep one, the other four have got to go back to the Farm where I received them from (Garfield Farm Museum, LaFox, IL). Their flock is growing again after a really bad winter (multiple coyote attacks - coyotes even took three full grown geese!), so they need every genetic code they can get.

I'll miss these young guys. But for the health of my flock, they've got to go back.
    Wacko:
    [​IMG]

Helicopter:
    [​IMG]

Mr. Joe:
    [​IMG]

And camera shy Mr. White (a white Java)

Been great to be your family - enjoy your new home! And ask them for mealworms, ok?

2. TheMainException

TheMainException Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Lebanon, PA
    I'm always sad to say goodbye to my lil roos. I know I have to send them off (I send them to the best homes I can, usually a farmer who likes them for pest control or an individual who wants a single roo for their flock), but it's still hard to say bye to them. I've always had such awesome roos and quite a few I had to send off.

3. hansolo

hansolo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Fremont, CA
    been there.

They are so sweet.

4. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Having the same problem bun, I was supposed to get 7 hens but instead I get 2 roos in that bunch.[​IMG] They are both bullys. Hopefully you can find them all good homes. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by