Hardware Cloth connecting to Chain link fencing?

drinkoj

Chicken Chaser
May 24, 2020
Upstate South Carolina
So I have a 10 x 10 dog kennel that I will be using as my run and I am trying to figure out how I should connect HC that is on the ground to the bottom of the kennel.

You have to consider that animals can dig under the chain link. Adhering the HC to the chain link is easy. I like using rebar ties. There is a tool that is about $3 and you can get 100 rebar ties for less that $10 that will likely adhere any wire to any other wire.

Do you suggest running the HC on the ground and then underneath the frame and upward of the kneel, or run it on the ground and up the outside of the kennel making sure I have a solid 90 angle bend to run the rest of it up the chain link?

I have it up the outside of the chain link. Had to do it that way as my posts are all cemented in, so it would've been difficult to have to work around each one instead of just putting HWC right past it.

I used hog rings to secure the two together. Fairly cheap and goes fast once you get into a rhythm.

I have it up the outside of the chain link. Had to do it that way as my posts are all cemented in, so it would've been difficult to have to work around each one instead of just putting HWC right past it.

I used hog rings to secure the two together. Fairly cheap and goes fast once you get into a rhythm.
By "cage clips" I assume you mean J-Clips. You can usually find them in the rabbit section of Tractor supply. I use those a lot. They should work too.

Thanks, that answered my questions. Planning ahead as I do have the walls and roof up, but still have to put all the doors, vents, build/mount nesting boxes, and THEN I get to worry about putting the hole in the kennel/chicken run while attaching all the HC and 1x2 welded fencing.

Have to get the coop built as these chicks are pushing 6 weeks in a oversized tub in the garage and wanting a bigger place to live.

You have to consider that animals can dig under the chain link. Adhering the HC to the chain link is easy. I like using rebar ties. There is a tool that is about $3 and you can get 100 rebar ties for less that $10 that will likely adhere any wire to any other wire.

Do you suggest running the HC on the ground and then underneath the frame and upward of the kneel, or run it on the ground and up the outside of the kennel making sure I have a solid 90 angle bend to run the rest of it up the chain link?

Back
Top Bottom