Hardware cloth on ducks feet?

m496

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 20, 2011
I was wondering if hardware cloth on duck's feet would be ok? They will be on pasture all day and shut up in a coop area at night. I wanted the bottom of the small outdoor coop area to have hardware cloth so they can't make a mud mess and also that they can nibble at some grass inbetween the bars. So, if they are only on it at night, would that be ok? Would their poop be able to slip betweeen the wire?

Thanks!

P.s sorry i've been posting so much but i promise things will slow down once I figure everything out and get over the super excitement I will have when I first get the ducks (it may be a while for all the super excitement to go away lol) thanks a bunch to everyone helping me in this long process!!!!! Love you all!

I would put in a solid wood floor. That way it makes it more predator proof, it won't bother their feet as much, and depending on where you live it would make it warmer in the winter. Cleaning would also be easier.

They would be ok on it its just they would prefer a solid floor and also its the predator issue its not really as safe as a solid floor.

I wanted a wire floor but I thought it was a bit cruel the only thing that attracted me to it was the low mantinence, but it actually isn't the poo gets caught between the holes so it isn't as low mantinence as you think.

hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom