1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hardware Cloth

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jcbydesign, Nov 9, 2010.

1. jcbydesign

jcbydesign Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2010
    Portland, OR
    :/Anyone in Portland Oregon know where to purchase hardware cloth for coop/run? Thanks a bunch!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Did you try farm and ranch stores ? .. or stores like

Urban Farm Store http://www.urbanfarmstore.com/

Witchita
    Feed and Hardware (this looks like a neat place)

I hope someone chimes in to help!

3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Any decent hardware store or lumberyard or Home Depot type store will have it (anyhow I've never lived anywhere they don't), as well as more-rural or less-tiny feed stores and farm stores.

It just may not be CALLED hardware cloth. If you ask for hardware cloth and they say "huh?" try again asking for "half-inch galvanized wire mesh" (or quarter-inch if you want, but usually half-inch is better). It will be with the garden fencing and snowfence and chainlink materials usually.

GOod luck, have fun,

Pat

4. matimeo

matimeo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Oregon
    I bought mine at Home Depot. It was a lot cheaper than what they were charging at the feed store.

5. Cargo

Cargo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Farmington, NM
    HomeDepot and Lowes both have 1/2" hardware cloth.

Lowes also has 1" fencing and 1"x1/2" welded wire fencing. Made from heavier gauge wire.
    If I were to start over again I would use those. Not that the chickens care.

6. Pastor Mike

Pastor Mike Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2010
    Redmond Oregon
    I got mine at Big R in Redmond Or.and it was half the price of Lowes or home depot! Do they have a Big R near you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by