Hardware cloth

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by GLBRWyans, Jun 10, 2011.

1. GLBRWyans

GLBRWyans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Central Louisiana
    Is this to good to be true ? CSN/online store sells 1/4" 23 gauge hardware cloth , the roll I was looking to get is 36"x1200" . Their price is around $86 , shipping is 5.99 , 2 rolls and shipping is FREE !! Is this to good to be true when wireclothman sells the same product for $95 and shipping is about $150 for two rolls . Any thoughts ? Has anyone bought from CSN ?[​IMG]

2. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, it's true. This is where we got our last roll of hardware cloth.

Previously we had purchased the same size and length for $149 locally.

Gail

P.S. We also received the cnstore order fairly quickly.

3. GLBRWyans

Feb 12, 2011
    Central Louisiana
    Quote:was the quality of the wire good ? I just don't see how they can ship so cheaply .[​IMG] That is amazing for the cost of the wire and the shipping . Lowes would be twice that much . Thank you for your reply , think I will take the plunge and see . [​IMG]

4. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    What is CSN? Can you post a link?? Thanks!

5. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    Oh, never mind; I just found it. That IS a good deal!!

6. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  7. MT Chickies

MT Chickies Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2011
    Is 23 guage heavy enough? That seems pretty light weight...

8. We've gone 19 gauge and have an order out with CSN. I wish I had done some comparison shopping. Shipping is free if your order is over $100.

Some links:

http://www.southernstates.com/catalog/c-659-hardware-cloth.aspx

http://www.ronshomeandhardware.com/SearchResults.asp?Extensive_Search=Y&Search=hardware+cloth

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me=A1TLGX60ZNR8D5&field-keywords=hardware+cloth

What I found was the shipping made the biggest difference in cost. Prices may be good, but by the time you add in shipping charges that may change overall cost. We also looked at availability, because some items were sold out.

It would be nice to have a coop materials sticky. [​IMG]

9. harveyhorses

harveyhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    UHOH, I can feel the need for a new addition.
    Thanks for all those links, I think a sticky would be great.

Idon'tneedmorechickensIdon'tneedmorechickens....

10. GLBRWyans

Feb 12, 2011
    Central Louisiana
    Quote:I called ( wireclothman) the rep said 1/4" industry wide is 23 gauge , and 1/2 " is 19 gauge , they have good deals but the shipping is HIGH !!! He said a snake would bounce off 1/4" but a mouse or rat could chew through it . I figure I would see the workings of where the rat was chewing and could reinforce that spot . He said they sold tons of 23 gauge wire to big breeders and such . CSN/online store will ship FREE or 5.99 for 1 roll , (wiremancloth) had same prices but shipping was as much as the wire . I was concerned about the gauge also that is why I called .[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by