1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hare Brained Story - (Or Look What The Cat Drug In) - UPDATE PG 2

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by EmptyNest, May 9, 2009.

1. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    A couple weeks ago, one of my cats had kittens. For some reason she wouldn't take care of them and they didn't make it. [​IMG]

Last week Mama 2 has 3 kittens in a barrel in the barn. Two days ago Mama 3 decides this is a great place to have kittens so she jumps in with Mama 2 and has 5 babies. Mama 1 now realizes she is missing out on the fun and jumps in with Mama's 2 and 3 to help them with their 8 babies even though she wouldn't take care of her own. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last night I went out to chore and when I did a nose count on the kittens I kept coming up with 9 instead of 8. Evidently someone had gone hunting and found another baby in the yard and brought it "home"

[​IMG]

I went out this morning and everyone still appears to be doing well. Is it a a kabbit or a ritten? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. username taken

username taken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    wow, that is very, very cute! [​IMG]

3. CaGoatLady

CaGoatLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Auburn, CA
    What a great Mother's Day story!

4. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    That is hilarious. I was looking at the picture and was like.....wait a minute, those aren't kitten ears [​IMG]

5. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    That is a sweet story and adorable pictures! Maybe Mama 1 went looking around for a "baby" so she would fit in!!

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

So sweet!! It's amazing they didn't use that little guy for a snack, with all the nursing going on!!

7. ohiofarmgirl

ohiofarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    golly thats aaaawfully cute!

8. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    That is the cutest thing. I have never seen a rabbit being "taken care" of by cats. I have seen a dog adopt kittens and nurse them, but Wow.

Thanks for sharing!

9. Adorable! My Mom said to send this story and pics to the Ellen show, she always has adorable and funny animal stories and pics on the show!

10. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    Tell your Mom that is an awesome idea, I'll do that. Just went down and checked and everyone still seems to be happy and doing well [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by