harlequin ducks

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by Muscovies, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

Would like to see peoples harlequin duck pictures what do you have to have to own them?

Thanks

2. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Alot of money and flowing water.

3. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    yep, you arent going to see any on here, only a handful of people have them and they cost a fortune as do all sea ducks. I plan to get some here shortly, but will be another year or so.
    If you'd like some, I can put you in touch with the US 's best breeder for them, but they are a couple grand a pair, LOL

4. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are some pretty ducks but they are too expensive for my taste [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Hopefully late next year I'll post some. [​IMG]

6. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    My uncle Pete bought some of these harlequin ducks at the auction for $10each. He says they are 'Welsh' or something like that, is that a subspecies????? They lay eggs like crazy. Uncle Pete might sell you some if you want to hatch them out. [​IMG] Hi Destiny Duck!
    DT

7. Talihofarms

Talihofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    You must mean... Welsh Harlequin ducks. They are great for laying eggs. I have these and Khaki's, both are related.
    Some people eat them but few do. Lay more eggs per year than most chickens.

Good Luck

8. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dr. Todd :

My uncle Pete bought some of these harlequin ducks at the auction for $10each. He says they are 'Welsh' or something like that, is that a subspecies????? They lay eggs like crazy. Uncle Pete might sell you some if you want to hatch them out. [​IMG] Hi Destiny Duck!
    DT

Welsh Harlequins are a domestic breed, Harlequin ducks are a wild breed; totally different!​

9. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Golly, never knew! [​IMG] Thanks guys...I'll let uncle Pete know!

10. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Man tell Unc Pete to hook me up with a 10 dollar duck to go wit my 5 dollar dog. I knowed I was workin with a shister when he told me dem ducks would be thousand a piece! Shoot almost got hornswaggled. NAHHH Whats up Doc ? DR T [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by