Harley Davidson experience.......... A word to the wise

Pumpkinpup

Poultry Princess
12 Years
Jul 16, 2008
North-West Georgia
My husband and I have a 2004 HD road king custom that we love. We have ridden it all over the south east durring the 4 years we have owned it.
On the 10th of june someone backed into the bike while it was sitting in the parkinglot at my husbands place of employment. It slid the bike backwards about 4 feet on the stand, not knocking it over but doing a fair amount of damage. The estimate was over $1700 to repair it!
We took the bike to a Harley Davidson dealer down the road from DH's work and they assured us that they would take care of everything! It is now 19 days later and they have not yet even torn the bike down, much less repaired it! The insurance company will no longer pay for a rental car for DH to get back and forth to work and Harley is telling us it could be as much as 12 weeks for them to get the front fender in so they can finish the bike!!!!!
The dealer is totally unsympathetic and tells me that they are following Harley protocol and we are not being treated any differently that if we had gone to any other Harley Dealer for the repairs. What this says to me is that the company does not give a darn about their customers and that they are so big that they can do as the dern well please. I'm just suposed to take it.
The lesson here, I will NEVER buy another Harley Davidson product, nor will I ever take anything else to them to be fixed, EVER!!!!!! I suggest you do likewise.
rant.gif

13220_accident_002.jpg

13220_accident_003.jpg

Last edited:
I used to work for Harley...you think thats bad, then you should see how they treat their employees!
I could rant here but i'll bite my tongue
rant.gif
somad.gif
...in short, great coworkers but horrible management and business ethics.

That's a shame...I've drooled over getting a Harley fatboy softtail for ages. Now I'm reconsidering....not that I have the funding for that right now anyway.

I was shocked to be treated so flippantly by a business that I had thought was firm in it's customer service base. I am very disappointed in the company as a whole but most of all I am angry at the inconvenience and money out of pocket it has ended up costing us! This is just not acceptable in any way.

Yeah Harley has gotten too big for its breeches, I personally know the owner of one harley dealership in south ga, he is a you know what and I imagine that they all are, arrogant and rude. I would say only buy a Harley if you want to go broke buying parts, Honda is better, parts are less expensive and they have a line that looks better than harleys

I don't think your experience is the same for every shop. It stinks that they couldn't help you out more for sure, but the HD dealers up where I go, have always been great to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom