"Harness"ing their power XP

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by zade11, May 14, 2010.

1. zade11

zade11 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Evansville Indiana
    Hello, I posting for the first time in a few weeks to ask if there is anywhere i can buy a harness for one of my chicks or several of my chicks...may just buy one and make them share [​IMG] anyway they are EE about 1.5-2 months old so theyre about 2-3 handfulls in size (odd measuring increment i know) just wonderin if any of y'all knew. THANK YA![​IMG]

2. zade11

zade11 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Evansville Indiana
    ...so, no one knows?

3. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

I guess you could use a hen apron and attach a leash... but why?

4. zade11

zade11 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Evansville Indiana
    Quote:a few of my chicks like to go on walks with me, but it's so hard to do without some way to control them

5. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Songster

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    i recently made a diaper for my chick, she is about a month, I had originally ordered an avian flight suit for her, but it hasn't come in yet, i just got tired of cleaning up after her. but this is web site i ordered from, and they have a leash option that you can get, also. they're for parrots, but i found a breed that looked similar in size to her and ordered that one.

http://www.birdsupplies.com/Bird-Harness-Bird-Leashes-Bird-Diaper-s/1.htm

i think my shipping issues taking so long is being in hawaii, when i was back on the mainland i'd get things in only a couple days. good luck harnessing those chicks [​IMG]

6. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Songster

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    forgot to mention they do have an actual harness sans diaper. It's called the feather tether, i think.

7. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

look up "hen aprons", people here hand make them- good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by