Harris Farms EZ Fill 5 Gallon Waterer Failure.

treedawg

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 31, 2013
I have had my Harris waterer for several years and it’s performed flawless during that time until now.
I was going out of town for a few days so I topped off my feeder and completely refilled the waterer same as I’ve always done. When I returned home this evening there was still plenty of food but the waterer was dry and the bucket was still filled to the top. Although I’ve never done it in the past I though I had forgotten to remove the plug once I refilled the waterer but that was not the case. It was in the bottom of the waterer where it always was after I refilled it. I should have made sure it was working before I left but I had no reason to believe otherwise.
Luckily all of my girls survived but I’m extremely unhappy with my waterer.
I found several instances where people said their Harris EZ fill was leaking but none where it wasn’t allowing the water to flow.

Not familiar with the waterer you have. Can you post a pix of it.? I may try and analyze the problem.. (unless you already know what went wrong)
I do not know your setup, but in my case, even though I have only 6 pet chickens, I have multiple water dishes present always. They are in different spots in run area, also in my back yard where they free-range. I read somewhere that chickens do need to have access to water to drink no longer than 2 hour period. That of course does not apply to them when sleeping on roost.
Extended periods of no water can lead to delayed egg production, as well as other adverse health concerns developing.
We as humans need to avoid dehydration likewise. Chicken are same.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom