Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

My shipped eggs just arrived at the post office, a day early!!! :celebrateI have 22 (half Crested cream Legbar and half Silverudd Blue)! My first go with shipped eggs so I decided to get some local Welsummer, Welsummer/ CCL mix and Welsummer/ starlight green mix to put in another incubator so I won’t end up 💔 if the shipped eggs don’t go well!

I’ve seen in some of the photos of the NR 360 people using the cabinet foam stuff, do you put that in on day 18 at lock down or the entire time? I know it’s to make clean up easier and more gentle on the chicks feet but does it effect airflow at all? Also, do most people mark their eggs? I’ve never marked aircells before but think I’m going to this round. When I remove to candle do I mark it while it’s upright? Any photos, or special instructions with the NR 360 would be much appreciated!!

Are you referring to the no-skid self liner? I add it at lockdown.

My shipped eggs just arrived at the post office, a day early!!! :celebrateI have 22 (half Crested cream Legbar and half Silverudd Blue)! My first go with shipped eggs so I decided to get some local Welsummer, Welsummer/ CCL mix and Welsummer/ starlight green mix to put in another incubator so I won’t end up 💔 if the shipped eggs don’t go well!

I’ve seen in some of the photos of the NR 360 people using the cabinet foam stuff, do you put that in on day 18 at lock down or the entire time? I know it’s to make clean up easier and more gentle on the chicks feet but does it effect airflow at all? Also, do most people mark their eggs? I’ve never marked aircells before but think I’m going to this round. When I remove to candle do I mark it while it’s upright? Any photos, or special instructions with the NR 360 would be much appreciated!!

It doesn't effect air flow if you're referring to no-skid shelf liner because it has holes. I mark the air cells when I candle because this is how I gauge whether humidity needs to be adjusted.

I got my shipped eggs around 10am today. I have my NR on and running. Should I wait until morning to put them in? Also I have them in the garage right now should I bring them in and let them come to room temp?

I got my shipped eggs around 10am today. I have my NR on and running. Should I wait until morning to put them in? Also I have them in the garage right now should I bring them in and let them come to room temp?

Bring them in and to room temp 8-24 hours before placing them in the incubator. That said, I have and do put shipped eggs in the incubator as soon as they reach room temp if they have shipped a long distance or time and just not hook the turner up for a couple of days.

Room temp would be good.
Have you candled for wonky air cells?

I just attempted. I tried to look at pictures for what I’m looking for. Some I could definitely see the air cell at top....
95A97F17-164C-4FB6-9574-FCFF47390284.jpeg

9611FC2D-552F-48D1-87B4-1146CB9C1B1C.jpeg

others the eggs are porous and I can’t tell or it looks all darker at top like yolk like these...
73E4B61C-1AAC-40EA-A331-52EB12A2EF27.jpeg
15B50C13-8EE5-4AE7-AB84-6841FF2311A8.jpeg

lol! Keep us updated on how your floating hand-turned eggs work out!
Well one of the floating eggs is developing!! I hand turned it like 3 to 4 times a day. So happy I put it in there! The other one I apparently didn’t look close enough when I candled to see if didn’t even have a yolk 🤦🏼‍♀️ I thought it was just a silkie or bantam and it was a fairy egg 😂. Out of 24 there are 20 at least going strong. So I took a couple out and moved the floater to the turner.

Back
Top Bottom