Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I always fill mine all the way, I don't see any reason why it would benefit the hatch in any way to only partially fill it so I don't know what to say about that suggestion. :confused: All I can say is that I've had great successes with my hatches and I do fill it.

Humidity will evaporate from the surface of the water so the surface size doesn't change when you fill side A, it just takes longer to evaporate because it's deeper.
You would think with surface size of water not changing there wouldn’t be an increase in humidity. Today it would be as high as 57 so I opened the vent more as RaineyTN suggested and then it would go down. I don’t understand how more water is causing this to happen but I don’t know what else it could be. Good thing is opening the vent works.

Chicks started hatching overnight. It's my first hatch with the NR 360. I love this thing. So much better than my old, cheapo incubator. Out of 20 eggs set, I've had 5 hatch, overnight, and 14 if the remaining 15 pip, or start to zip. I'm really liking the big, clear window to watch. My old incubator was a foggy plastic and you could barely see pips.

You would think with surface size of water not changing there wouldn’t be an increase in humidity. Today it would be as high as 57 so I opened the vent more as RaineyTN suggested and then it would go down. I don’t understand how more water is causing this to happen but I don’t know what else it could be. Good thing is opening the vent works.

I leave my vent wide open throughout the entire incubation process because I feel ventilation is important and usually keep the humidity around 45 depending on air cell development. Everyone's home and location is a little different. Just fiddle with it until you're happy with where the humidity is.

I leave my vent wide open throughout the entire incubation process because I feel ventilation is important and usually keep the humidity around 45 depending on air cell development. Everyone's home and location is a little different. Just fiddle with it until you're happy with where the humidity is.
Ditto. I haven't closed an air vent on any incubator in years. Fresh air is crucial to a good hatch since the eggs breathe through the shell.

Chicks started hatching overnight. It's my first hatch with the NR 360. I love this thing. So much better than my old, cheapo incubator. Out of 20 eggs set, I've had 5 hatch, overnight, and 14 if the remaining 15 pip, or start to zip. I'm really liking the big, clear window to watch. My old incubator was a foggy plastic and you could barely see pips.
Just finished my first hatch in the NR 360. I set 20 eggs and the 20th just hatched. My first 100% hatch rate. All before the end of day 21. All hatched on their own within 8 hours of pipping. It might be a lucky first run, but I love everything about this incubator. It was constant hatching today.

Just finished my first hatch in the NR 360. I set 20 eggs and the 20th just hatched. My first 100% hatch rate. All before the end of day 21. All hatched on their own within 8 hours of pipping. It might be a lucky first run, but I love everything about this incubator. It was constant hatching today.

Congrats on a great hatch!

After that one day of weird humidity fluctuations, my NR 360 has become stable again. Love this incubator.... I just wish I had more room so I could hatch more chicks out. Got to solve my space problem before I put more in. I really want some Cream Legbar hatching eggs. I had ordered 5 Ameraucana chicks from McMurray and all of them lay olive-colored eggs as opposed to blue. Go figure.

:love :jumpyAfter that one day of weird humidity fluctuations, my NR 360 has become stable again. Love this incubator.... I just wish I had more room so I could hatch more chicks out. Got to solve my space problem before I put more in. I really want some Cream Legbar hatching eggs. I had ordered 5 Ameraucana chicks from McMurray and all of them lay olive-colored eggs as opposed to blue. Go figure.
The struggle is real. I'm planning on growing out all the chicks I hatch this year (+/-30). I bought a 2 new brooders. One for outside (premade pen). One for inside (stock tank). Then, of course, there is that new coop my husband has promised me for years but is finally getting built. It's based on a Carolina Coop. :love:jumpyIt's an exciting year for chickens.

I have 2 Nuture Right 360 warming up to get ready to set a dozen Pita Pintas eggs that are arriving tomorrow. I was hoping to join in the Easter hatch a long but the eggs shipped early.

my plan is to let the eggs rest for 6-8 hours and then put them in. This is my first hatch so I am going to put some barnyard mix eggs from my flock in too just in case my shipped eggs don’t do well. This is my first time incubating with an incubator and I am so far happy with the way this one has been easy to set up. I took some photos of the temp and humidity checks I did and both temperature and humidity sensors were close.
25047F92-288C-4482-9E0A-08A121613630.jpeg

82C526D8-B1C0-45C3-B085-8714EF3A8EE5.jpg

C7EC6A1F-8285-4053-8825-4B6B84A82B7F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom