Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I candled last night before lockdown... Mostly to check the status of the egg I dropped on Day 10. There is still movement inside so I think we are good so far. I only had 1 DIS which dropped my count to 10 out of 22 eggs I started with. A bit disappointing but sounds like it's par for the course with shipped eggs.

I'm still too nervous about killing eggs by the temperature fluctuations caused from opening the incubator so I only do it at Day 7, 10, and right before lockdown. I threw in a candle at Day 14 since I dropped an egg...

I was just curious how people knew there was an internal pip if you don't candle. I suppose hearing a chick inside the egg would be a good indication but I'm hearing impaired so I'm not sure if I would hear it or not.

I candled last night before lockdown... Mostly to check the status of the egg I dropped on Day 10. There is still movement inside so I think we are good so far. I only had 1 DIS which dropped my count to 10 out of 22 eggs I started with. A bit disappointing but sounds like it's par for the course with shipped eggs.

I'm still too nervous about killing eggs by the temperature fluctuations caused from opening the incubator so I only do it at Day 7, 10, and right before lockdown. I threw in a candle at Day 14 since I dropped an egg...

I was just curious how people knew there was an internal pip if you don't candle. I suppose hearing a chick inside the egg would be a good indication but I'm hearing impaired so I'm not sure if I would hear it or not.
Shipped eggs regularly have DIS too. :(That part always seems to get left out of the discussion.

All 10 hatching would be fantastic! :jumpy:wee

Why is the last 24 hours the longest?
wtf_zps0e8d1e86.gif

7 chicks hatched! They're adorable as always.

Finally numbers:
5 Leghorn eggs went in. 1 was a yolkers. 1 was a day 10 quitter. 1 was DIS. 2 hatched.

12 barnyard mix shipped eggs went in. 9 developed. 3 quit at varying times. 1 DIS (no internal pip, was in the proper position). 5 hatched.

Of course what's a hatch update without pictures.
IMG_20210304_190815313.jpg
IMG_20210304_190805498.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210303_133517502.jpg
    IMG_20210303_133517502.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom