Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I'm not going to intervene any time soon... I was just wondering how long people waited before you do... I have read stories on both sides from people who had good outcomes and bad. I know it is not an easy decision and each case is determined on its own circumstances. In general, I figure if a chick is going to die in the shell after 24 - 36 hours, then what is there really to lose? If the situation begins looking grim, you can't really hurt your odds....

Baby #6 just arrived.... 😊 Four more to go.

View attachment 2557815
That's great they are progressing nicely. Give them a full 24 hours. You won't go wrong waiting a few extra hours.

I'm not big on assisting. Yes, many chicks do well and you can rest knowing they had a shot outside the shell. However plenty of assists have leg/feet issues or failure to thrive. Some of this is treatable. Some is not and the chick might need to culled. I've never been able to handle culling chicks. I prefer they pass peacefully in their eggs. Sad as that may be. So that's the side I choose to error on. You'll have to decide what your comfort level. It's different for everyone.

Last edited:
Hey fellow NR360 owners, I’ve used the search function and read most of this thread so forgive me if I’ve missed the following:

1. Has anyone successfully used dividers or boxes in the incubator to keep breeds separate at hatch?

2. I’ll be doing my first hatch. I’m guessing I should sanitize the incubator beforehand?

Thanks!!

Hey fellow NR360 owners, I’ve used the search function and read most of this thread so forgive me if I’ve missed the following:

1. Has anyone successfully used dividers or boxes in the incubator to keep breeds separate at hatch?

2. I’ll be doing my first hatch. I’m guessing I should sanitize the incubator beforehand?

Thanks!!

Welcome!
1. I've never used dividers so I can't help there but I will say that if you use something I would recommend you use something that air can pass through so that the ventilation isn't affected.
2. Just a quick wipe down with diluted bleach water, then again with fresh water, and then drying it should do the trick. I can't actually remember if I did or not but it can't hurt.

All my eggs have pipped now. I only have 3 left that haven't hatched... Hoping all of them are out by tomorrow morning.

I still need to get to work on the new coop for these sweeties. I haven't started yet because I spent $500 on supplies to electrify the fence around the chicken yard. Hoping it helps me keep the chickens IN the yard instead of them jumping the fence. Of course, the other benefit is to keep critters out. Hope it is worth the $$

Baby #8 finally came out after a big struggle. He's the little gray lump in the background. All that blood on the mat is from him. He's bleeding a little from his belly....
20210306_185958.jpg

Baby #8 finally came out after a big struggle. He's the little gray lump in the background. All that blood on the mat is from him. He's bleeding a little from his belly....
Seeing blood on the bator floor is always disconcerting.....
Aw, it happens sometimes as long as his navel sealed he should be just fine.
...but, yeah^^^

Welcome!
1. I've never used dividers so I can't help there but I will say that if you use something I would recommend you use something that air can pass through so that the ventilation isn't affected.
2. Just a quick wipe down with diluted bleach water, then again with fresh water, and then drying it should do the trick. I can't actually remember if I did or not but it can't hurt.
Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom